16 November 2007

Griffin Evolve


It's here!

The Griffin Evolve Wireless Speaker System for iPod arrived today.

As this is a US version I had to rummage around to find a suitable lead to connect the AC to the power adaptor - in the end I used the power lead off my PC as a temporary make-do.
It's typical - I had a box full of old leads which I know had at least three of the 3 pin IEC 'kettle' style leads in. I threw them all out a while back. I expected Griffin to perhaps use the "Telefunken" figure 8 style of socket on the power adaptor...... wrong!

The unit is very easy to set up and after a recommended four hour initial charge time for the speakers they were soon being carried around the house to try out. The volume from the unit is not wall shakingly loud but maintains a clear sound even at it's loudest setting. Bass is not too heavy (which is my preference) and with various genres of music the Evolve seems to perform very well.

The unit shipped without an included dock adaptor for the iPod touch but, with a spare set of black dock masking films from a JBL On Stage in my oddments box, the Apple universal dock adaptor supplied with the touch will do until Griffin starts to ship their own adaptors for the touch.

The RF remote works well through several walls and the speaker (in mono mode) was still clear even at 80-100 feet from the base station. As my rear garden is 80 odd feet long the range of the Evolve is more than adequate.

Overall I am very pleased with the Evolve - I envisage getting a lot of use out of it and would certainly say if you want a wireless speaker system for your iPod for use all around the home/garden then the Evolve may fill your requirements.

Nice one Griffin...

(Thanks, C&J)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.