18 November 2007

iPod touch Jailbreak



Spent a few hours today jailbreaking my iPod touch. All in all a fairly easy process and I have now installed Google Maps, Notes, Mail and Weather. I may install Apollo or MobileChat yet but we'll see...

Last week I signed up to "The Cloud" on their £3.99 a month rate for iPod touch users. Have had the chance to use their service a couple of times now - my iPod touch is recognised right away and joins without having to login. Will I stay on this package? I'll give it a few months to see how much real use I get out of it first - at least I am not tied into a 12 or 18 month contract.

Some will probably say just get an iPhone but I'm not prepared to be tied into an 18 month contract and fork out £630 for the pleasure.

20/11/07
Gave up with the attempts to get Apollo or MobileChat to work - they installed OK but after I would log into my AIM account the program would just close and take me back to the springboard. Guess I'll stick with Meebo for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.