04 November 2007

10.5 Panic...


I have been seeing this a few times today - installing 10.5 seemed to go smoothly enough and nothing appears to have been lost in the process but with my iTunes library backed up on an external hard drive there seems to be a problem.

Every time I tried to load the library it would induce a kernel panic. Five times in fact. I have stopped trying to load the iTunes library for now and there hasn't been a repeat.

Add to this the fact that Photoshop Elements 2 is now borked - "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured because of a program error. Photoshop will now exit"...

I am beginning to wonder if the fluff and glitter of Leopard is worth it...

update: I moved the external HD to another USB port and it seems to have stopped that particular kernel panic. I now have back my iTunes library. Wonder what tomorrow will bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.