06 January 2011

Filthwizardry

From our Motoring Editor, Buster Bloodvessel...



Don't go to kwikfit!
£468.00 for exhaust!
Guy lifted car (engine running) we walked underneath he put his hand over the exhuast pipe (engine running!)no doubt to help aid our hearing to any escaping gases and then burnt his hand.....
He then said (with a pained expression and one hand under his armpit) "It'ss aaa compeletee system umff" and to be fair it looked complete from the mainfold, Cat and box all one piece but only the box was "blowing" a bit.
"I'll get you a quote" we go to the office he gets on the machine and with one hand under his arm pit quotes me £400+ pounds i go "mmm" his grimey co-erks go "bloodyhell"!

I said "I only need the box" he says they can cut the box off the new system and I can hang on to it till I need to replace the cat.... - I said "you surggest cutting the new £400+ system in half"
With no doubt a slightly ironic - phased expression on my face (I couldn't wait to tell C there's £340 pounds of Cat and pipe under the bed)

I asked if they could weld a patch? all 3 filthwizards pipe up and say "were not allowed to weld here" (probably because they'd FACKING burn themselves!!!!!) I left on good terms saying I'd think about it and then ran to my car feeling I was going mad.

Then popped into my local garage had chat with a dude who said there thieving scum at KF (no sh#t) and you can buy boxes on there own from the main dealers for £60 and a sleeve kit to adapt it to the pipe, which I remembered from my days of working at Citroen.

I'm now going to have a beer and sit in a darkened room for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.