06 January 2011

32000' over Glasgow. Release bombs!!!!



So its a travelling I will go once again.  On the road to Las Vegas and CES for the second year even though I said last year might be my first and last time.
Travel, by air at least, is becoming a real drag as I am sure my legions of readers will agree. 
You, well I, take advantage of park and fly deals with airport hotels and  cut out that "will-we-won't-we-make-it" lottery of driving down the same day as your flight. Travel the day before and have a cold beer and tasty snack in the bar then retire to your room for a restful nights slumber. Or not, if the air con system sounds like some throw back to a black country mill!
Ah well, just suck that up and rest easy in the knowledge that you can stroll to the terminal and check in. 
Except for the increasingly personal level of undress that one has to undergo just to get into the departure area. Shoes off, coats off, small change and spectacles, testicles, watch and wallet in the tray before stepping through the portal into the next dimension. How long before we are stripped bare to outwit the Jibjabistanis? Too late I fear, as the US implement their Xray-O-Vision full body scanners.  They can now tell which side you dress to!!!!
Delayed flight by 45 minutes (well an hour actually) and some lanky gibbon-like teenager in the seat in front all add to the pleasure of international air travel. I have to be careful not to fall asleep, even though my eyes feel like they have been irrigated with a cocktail of Vim and battery acid, for fear my snoring will set off the knee tap reflex of the person sat behind! Grab a paper or magazine and read dammit. Virgin have a quiet zone on some flights. Maybe they need a snore zone for us heavy sleepers?
Suck it up man!
So, I'll get in at 10.30pm (UK time) 2.30pm (local) and will have to struggle on for another 8-10 hours to slot into Vegastime with 4 hours sleep tacked onto a ten hour flight. Deeply joyble in the words of Mr Unwin....    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.