16 July 2010

Flushed down the drain...

I deleted my Facebook account at the end of May. I was getting fed up with the Twitter like outpourings of some of those in my friends list. And we know what I think of Twitter...

Seeing the Raoul Moat tribute page debacle unfold I'm glad I am no longer an account holder. The 'groups' that sprang up for the most pathetic cause célèbre exposed the dross of society.

Now we have the cretins who hail Moat as a legend and see him as some sort of modern day Robin Hood. He was a violent bully who shot dead one man, shot his ex, then shot a policeman in the face, blinding him for life. Not a legend.

This group, and the ones that have appeared since the original was closed, is like a fresh turd. It attracts the flies that swarm all over it in a frenzy - eventually the turd dries up and the flies go off to find another place to lay their eggs (or post their idiotic views).

While the internet is a good thing most of the time, every now and again this new media/social network crap bubbles up like effluent from a blocked drain...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.