27 February 2008

Macless...

I am now iMac-less. My G5 iMac has been taken in for "repair". I suspect that it is a PMU or motherboard problem. It had developed a tendency to just switch off with no warning. Longest it would run was about an hour before acting like the plug had been pulled. I did all the recommended checks and from checking Apple Discussion forums it seems like it is a PMU issue.
I had to fix up a mobile air con unit to blow cold air onto the Mac just in order to allow Time Machine to complete a back up. Then, after scrubbing all my data from the damn thing, it then ran the rest of the day and all night without shutting down...

So now it is in for repair - but I suspect that it will be a case of "No Fault Found" after they have had it for 10 days...

Meanwhile i am using my G3 iBook...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.