16 October 2008

New MacBooks...

Just been able to view one in the flesh - very nice.
May have to splash out for one to replace my ageing, though still serviceable, iBook. That already has a new home if I happen to get a new laptop.

Bit disappointed that the backlit keyboard is only available on the 2.4GHz model - does that mean the lesser models aren't used in the same sort of conditions? C'mon Apple...

And the pricing of the new range is getting a few folk pissed off - the only thing I can say is maybe the new unibody process is a factor for the increase in price - not that I am excusing Apple for the price hike. I guess carving solid blocks of aluminium is a bit more expensive than clicking together parts made from moulded plastic.

That being said I am veering towards the 2.4GHz model anyway - just to give me a bit more 'oomph' for the future. The old iBook is a 600MHz model and while it is happy working with 10.4, it does start to show it's age when things get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.