11 June 2008

Who turned out the lights....

I have decided to stump up for a UPS for my iMac.
We had a power cut again the other day and of course the iMac was on at the time. Having had to go through the issues of the machine shutting down randomly and back and forth to Apple for repair I have had enough.
I am pretty certain that the whole problem started after several power outages in January had hit the area. That, and the problem finally being fixed after Apple fitted a new power supply to the machine, seem to point to something damaging the PS.
It's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

So I have just ordered an APC BACK-UPS RS 800 - I figure that will give me a bit of leeway for getting a bigger desktop machine at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.