07 May 2008

Mac is back...

UPDATE III
26 May 08

So my iMac has been back and forth like a fiddler's wrist - no fault could be found after the last time in. Got it home and within two days it was back in the Apple Store.
They replaced the logic board - #2 - and told me it was sorted.
Got it home and sure as eggs are eggs it died on me halfway through restoring from my Time Machine back up. Not once but twice. Then it died as I tried to get the install disc out.
So next day back to the Apple Store and thankfully it displayed the issue right there on the Genius Bar. As their computer system was down (Ehhh?) they could not check to se if they had a power supply in stock (next thing to check). So it was left and I came home.
Today I get call saying they had a PS in stock it had been fitted and the Mac ran all night with no issues. It apparently died several times while they were trying to install software/run the ASD tools.

Hopefully I will be back on iMac tomorrow and that will be the end of it....



UPDATE II
7 May 08
iMac is sick again - it has developed a tendency to turn off again. So it's off to the Apple Store this time...
Thankfully after reinstalling Leopard it is still switching itself off. Halfway through installing the updates to Leopard it decided to save electricity. Then I left it running overnight with just Safari open and this morning it was dead.
So at least I know that this is not linked to anything I have installed or any hardware I have attached to the iMac.



11 March 08
Seems like the logic board has been replaced.
Fingers crossed it is sorted...

UPDATE
A fan seems to be running which wasn't running before - have called the AARC to query this.
Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.