04 September 2009

Two weeks broadbandless...

21 August 2009 - 4 September 2009

So today is the two week 'anniversary' of not having any broadband connection.
Two weeks ago the DSL light on my router went out and it is still out.
Several calls to Pipex/Tiscali/TalkTalk/whoever and two visits from BT engineers and a Tiscali Broadband engineer have not solved the issue.

My equipment is not to blame. Rebooting/reseting the router made no difference. Swapping to a spare router made no change. Changing the micro-filter made no difference. Pipex tested the line with a '680 error' reported (that's no dial tone to save you Googling it).
BT arrived eventually but could not help as the line was fine and he was told it was a line fault then departed after trying to confuse me with a shitload of acronyms/abbreviations (he succeeded).
Tiscali Broadband engineer arrived about 10 days later and said it wasn't my equipment (surprise) as his router failed to illuminate the DSL light, and went within ten minutes. Couple of days later another BT engineer arrived to fix a line fault but not a BB fault!

What? Wait, it was reported as a line fault NOT a broadband fault? I sense I'm getting stuck in a loop here....

He did go to the exchange and checked the "mapping" (OK) and the line (OK) and swapped out the BT socket (just in case) and now, today, I have been sitting around since 8am waiting for the broadband guy to arrive. Appointment was set for between 8am and 1pm and it is now 1215pm.
Wonder if he'll turn up at 1259pm?

Wonder if he'll get me back online?

Wonder if I'll still be relying on a 3G modem on my Macbook in an area where there is no 3G coverage.

Wonder where I will take my business to, once that little green light on my router starts to flicker and pulse again?....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.