14 September 2009

Spread the news...

For a few years now I have been partial to a certain butter and buy it on a regular basis.
The butter is Bridel Brittany Butter with Sea Salt Crystals. My local Waitrose stocked it and recently I noted that alongside the Bridel butter was what appeared to be Waitrose's own version.

I muttered something along the lines of "I bet they stop stocking the Bridel..." and sure enough last week I noticed that the shelf label for the Bridel had been taken off.

I asked one of the staff if they were discontinuing this line but he stated after asking a 'manager' that it was a supply problem, and they had taken the label down to prevent confusion. (Yeah...)

Normally they leave the label up with a "Currently not available" sticker over it. No confusion there normally...

I have yet to check other Waitrose branches but this isn't the first time they have removed items from their shelves which I have developed a taste for...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.