14 September 2009

25 Days...

...since I lost my broadband/internet.
Last Friday I was told that Pipex engineers were still trying to fix the problem. They hoped it would be sorted within 24 to 48 hours. I asked did they mean it would be after the weekend it would be fixed and when told it would decided enough was enough.
I called the cancellations department for a migration code but they tried to assure me they were doing all they could to fix the problem.
I have decided to move - I'll wait to see if they do fix my service by tomorrow (Tuesday) as promised but they have lost a customer. I have already contacted BT regarding moving my phone and line rental back to them and as I now have the MAC number as soon as my broadband is back up and running I'm moving.
Over three weeks is an unacceptable time to not have a service that is being paid for. Now to see if I can get that 'technical refund'.

I'm not completely happy with the result, as BT still has left the 'door' open regarding the PHORM Webwise snooping software partnership, but having dabbled with ISPs which have to rely on the one company (BT) which controls the infrastructure of the phone/internet system I have had enough of call centres in countries where the staff have 'westernised' names to help the customer understand them.

You know what I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been moderated.